Tuesday, February 12, 2008

death by panels and being meticulous

i was told today by Mr. Krause that i was being too meticulous. i personally believed that being meticulous was a good thing; taking great cation in everything i did. once i mentioned that he thought it wasn't working for me i became baffled. i immediately countered by asking, "you mean careless"(because we were discussing the current craft of my panels). he replied, "no, i mean meticulous". the great care and time i took in making sure my imagery was completely accurate was keeping me from getting work done. i knew i was working enough to not make me worry, but for some reason the product was putting out the wrong signal. so Kim's great knowledge shined down upon my head as if Jesus himself was wispering into my ear,"hell yeah". i instantly agreed with him in my head and i took this conversation as a passport to do what i was good at, being careless. with all the weight of senior year on my shoulders i was being told to loosen up. then he showed me how to sand my crappy panels (they do look better now).

1 comment:

Smitty said...

jesus says "Hell yeah" to me every morning when i wake up